Social Media – preparing for 2016
Have you started preparing for 2016?
It is that time of the year when everything, except Christmas shopping (which incidentally I haven’t really started yet!) stops. You can’t get appointments with your solicitor or bank manager as they’ve finished for the holidays. No one will make an appointment to see you as they are ‘going to wait until the new year’. The two weeks leading up to Christmas are an ideal time to get everything ready so that you start the new year with a bang.
The two things I’m focussing on are my accounts, and my social media calendar
Yesterday I spent the day printing off all my receipts and making sure they were all referenced against my statements. I’ve numbered each statement and each transaction, numbered the receipts to match, and added a column to my accounts to include the statement and receipt number that each refers to! Hopefully, this will make life a lot easier for my accountant next year and will keep his costs to a minimum!
Today I’m working on my 2016 social media calendar. Below are the six steps I’m taking to ensure that I’ve prepared as much as possible ahead of the new year:
- Gather together all key dates in the year that are important to my clients, including official and unofficial national holidays and local events that I could potentially ‘piggy back’;
- Collate a list of blogs and websites containing articles which may interest my followers;
- Write ‘how to’ business tips and list ways in which a Virtual Assistant can help people in their businesses;
- Extract sections from testimonials I have received;
- Use Canva to create eye-catching posts for my social media;
- Put all of above into the handy social media calendar in Hootsuite-Pro;
How are you preparing for 2016?
What are you doing now to make sure you get off to a great start?
Merry Christmas everyone.
For details on how we can help you to find the space to grow your business, call us on 07814 218142 or email firstname.lastname@example.org