Stability: A reflection on 2019
It’s that time again. The year is drawing to a close and Christmas is around the corner. As I sit down to review my year and set my targets for 2020, it’s time to reflect on the past twelve months.
It has been a really busy year! When I set my objectives last January, I decided that the word of the year was going to be STABILITY as 2018 had been a mad one with lots of change and growth, but no, that wasn’t to be, instead it’s been busier than ever!
Here’s a few of the highlights:
- 59 new enquiries
- 17 new clients welcomed on board
- 5 new associates joined the team
- Won UK Outstanding VA 2019
- Started working once a month from a co-working space on my business development – much better for my focus!
- Held lots of 1:1s with local businesses
- Implemented Watertight Marketing
- Started with website review which has brought in new business
- Developed a case studies template
- Created a series of 30 daily LinkedIn posts which was developed into 30 Ways to Use a VA, which has brought in new business and helped existing clients know what they can delegate
- Introduced a short quiz to help people decide where they need support
- Featured as an expert in Teresa Bulford-Cooper’s first book, Ladies Let’s Get Going
- Created an Associate Guide for the onboarding of my new associate team
- Took part in a 30-day Style Challenge with Lindsay Punch Styling
- Was invited to be a panel member at the VA Conference in February
STABILITY really was the wrong word wasn’t it!
So, what’s planned for 2020?
At the start of 2020 I have a few exciting business things planned to set me up for the year. I’ll be meeting my amazing business coach Amanda Johnson for a 1:1 to further review the past year and work out what I should be focussing on, this will be complemented by attending the Watertight Marketing ‘Tweak Your Leaks to Double Your Profits’ day in Bristol to review where I’m at with my marketing.
I’ll also be sitting down to review the business from a financial perspective too, to make sure the numbers are going in the right direction, as quickly as I’d like!
I also have plans to create a guide to meeting and event venues in and around Exeter, to help both my clients and other businesses in the area, as well as getting as many South West based VAs together as possible for a bit of a social and collaboration #collaborationnotcompetition.
What do you think my word of the year for 2020 should be? Let me know in the comments below!
Whatever your personal and business goals for 2020, I would like to wish you every success and look forward to working with you.
For more details on how we can help you to find the space to grow your business, call us on 07814 218142 or email email@example.com
Image via Pixabay with thanks to Samuel F Johanns
- Nutrition is vital for your mental health - 22/04/2020
- Have you had a demand for using an unlicensed stock image ……..? - 21/04/2020
- 6 things you may not know about being a freelance copywriter - 01/04/2020