Using Trello – Tips and Tricks
I’m not a fan of packing. I always take too much and not of the right things, so when my husband and I decided to arrange a trip to India, my first thought was to what I was going to pack.
How to use Trello to pack for a holiday
Once I’d got my lists written, I decided to use a new tool I’d found, Trello, to help me shop and pack. I’d found out about this handy tool in my Digital Mentoring course but had not yet found a way to use it, but there was a reason now.
The first thing I did was create a ‘Board’ called ‘Holiday Packing’ and added a ‘list’ called ‘Things to Pack’ and within this started adding ‘cards’. Each card was something that I needed for the trip. Then I created two new ‘lists’ – things I’d got and things I needed to buy. This was great as when I was out shopping, once I’d found something I needed, I could simply drag that ‘card’ across to the other list. Finally, once everything on the list was purchased, I creating lists of ‘packed’ and ‘to pack’ as I stored everything away in my bag. I archived the lists I no longer needed as I went along.
Now, not wishing to tempt fate but this is also going to be useful in the event that my bags go missing – as I have a detailed list of everything.
What else is there to remember when you go on holiday?
There’s lots of other things to remember before you go away. Here’s a few tops tips of things to do before you leave:
- Check which of your credit and debits cards are cheapest to use abroad, I used the Martin Lewis site to check my existing cards against and am taking the ones that cost the least to use abroad
- Contact the Royal Mail to hold your post – for a small fee they will hold your mail and deliver it when you get back with ‘KeepSafe‘
- Set your Out of Office so anyone contacting you doesn’t think you’re ignoring them
- Download the DropBox app and link to your phone, so any photos you take are backed up to the cloud
- Arrange for a Virtual Assistant to check your messages whilst you are away and respond to any urgent enquiries
- Change the answer message on your phone to let people know you’re away, or divert your phone to a Virtual Assistant who specialises in call taking
Ready to go
So that’s me done. I hope you have a great trip, wherever you are going, don’t forget to send me a postcard!
If you need help researching somewhere lovely to go on holiday or need someone to get your itinerary, trips and flights booked, call us on 07814 218142 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To try Trello, click here.