Did you choose your line of business as it was something that you loved and were good at? Do you find that there are lots of mundane office administration tasks that take up your time? Here’s how I can help:
Have you recently attended a conference or networking event and have a pile of business cards you don’t know what to do with? I can help to:
- Create a spreadsheet of your contacts;
- Add contacts to your Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system;
- Add contacts into your e-marketing system;
- ‘Follow’ or ‘Like’ them from your social media accounts;
Do you buy lots of goods or services and find yourself at the end of the year dreading having to prepare the paperwork for your accountant? I can help with:
- Setting up a spreadsheet to record your expenses;
- Sorting your receipts;
- Entering your receipts on to your expenses log.
If you are busy out meeting clients or suppliers, and networking, it can be difficult to find the time to arrange new appointments to grow your business. I can help with:
- Contacting your leads on your behalf;
- Arranging mutually convenient appointments;
- Booking meeting rooms;
- Arranging travel;
- Sending reminders;
- Following up your appointments.
When you are out and about, it can be hard to find the time to respond to emails, and you didn’t set up your business to be spending evenings and weekends doing this, did you? I can help with:
- Monitoring emails and removing junk-mail;
- Responding to emails;
- Flagging important emails;
- Setting up rules to filter your emails;
- Setting up auto responders or an Out-Of-Office to better manage client expectations.
Whether it is marketing material, a blog post or a presentation, when you have spent ages writing it yourself it can be easy to miss errors when you are reading it back. I can help with:
- Checking for typing errors;
- Highlighting areas for improvement.
When you work closely with your clients, it can be a difficult conversation for some when invoices are going unpaid. I can help with:
- Sending reminders;
- Chasing debts.
This is one of the most time consuming areas for a business owner. From finding possible clients or researching suppliers, I can help with:
- Sourcing images;
- Content for presentations;
- Supplier research;
- Finding relevant dates for social media sharing;
- Identifying new leads.
Maybe you are so busy your office is a tip, or maybe you’ve identified that your office systems just aren’t working for you. For local businesses, I can help with:
- Tidying your office;
- Organising and filing paperwork;
- Suggesting and implementing office systems.
Human Resources can be very admin-intensive. I can help with:
- Advertising on job sites;
- Finding suitable candidates;
- Reviewing CVs;
- Preparing new starter packs and induction checklists;
- Preparing contracts;
- Developing staff handbooks;
- Writing job descriptions.
Mail shots and Letters
So few things are sent by mail these days, receiving a physical letter or card is so much more personal than an e-invite or e-card which may get lost amongst the hundreds of emails inbox, or even never be seen due to spam filters. I can help with:
- Preparing and sending thank you letters or cards;
- Sending invitations to an event;
- Sending Christmas cards and gifts;
- Preparing letters by mail merge from a database;
- Creating a database for a mail merge.
Identifying Tasks to Outsource
If you are overwhelmed with work but are unsure how to start delegating or even what you could delegate, then this is something I can help with too. Either 1:1 or over Skype, we can talk about what tasks you do on a day to day basis and suggest how using a Virtual Assistant can take off the pressure.