Essential smartphone apps for busy people
Like many of you, I have utilised the flexibility and functionality of my SmartPhone to ensure that I have to hand everything that I need to make my life easier. I am a massive fan of the apps available to help me do this, and as a Virtual Assistant these tools are becoming more and more important!
I thought it might be useful to share some of my essential apps for you busy people!
- Capsule CRM: This is the contact management system that I use to collate all of my contacts in one place and keep a track on when I need to follow up my cases
- CamCard: I use this to scan business cards into my contact management system. It also scans QR codes which is handy
- Camera: I am always on the look for images that might be useful for my website, social media posts and blog posts to save money on buying stock images
- Dropbox: Instead of carrying around my laptop, I upload documents up to DropBox and view them this way. I also use my kindle for this as you can email documents to your kindle to view
- Eventbrite: Many of the events that I attend are arranged through Eventbrite so this apps holds all of my entry tickets in one place. I also find it useful as it shows me events which may be of interest to me that I might not have otherwise seen advertised.
- Fiverr: This has been a great site to use for low cost designs. I have used Fiverr to design my business logo, business cards and an animation for my website. Everything you need and more for $5.
- Google Apps: I use Google Apps to manage the email addresses from my website, and to access all the other wonderful tools that Google offers.
- Hootsuite: A great tool to post to all of my social media platforms in one go. Sometimes posts need to be tailored to the social media platform that you are posting to, but some posts can be generic and this is a great tool for that.
- Klout: This is a social media site which I use to determine when to set my social media and blog posts for, it monitors when my posts get the most interest and tells me what time of day I should be posting to get the most interaction.
- Facebook Pages Manager: This helps me monitor my business page and gives me easy access to lots of statistics about how my page is doing. I find this useful to keep me away from my personal Facebook page during the day as that can be distracting.
- Phone: This goes without saying, although you do find more often that people (and I am guilty of this) tend to text and email rather than phone – you get so much more done if you pick up the phone instead.
- Calender: Essential for any PA/EA/VA. Google Calendar enables me to manage all of my calenders in one place.
- Skype: Sometimes it is nice to put a face to a voice so I like to speak to my clients via Skype where possible. As a Virtual Assistant you can find yourself working alone for much of the day, so this is a nice way to interact.
- TripAdvisor: This is a really useful tool for finding hotels and restaurants for clients in areas that you don’t know. I make sure that I give something back to the TripAdvisor Community and post a review whenever possible.
- Voice Recorder: Great way to remind yourself you need to do something and easier than opening another app and typing it in.
- Website link: this is a link to my website as I like to check in if I have ideas on how I can improve or refresh a page or two
Are there any apps that you can’t do without, is there something you use that will change my life? Let me know by commenting below, I’d love to hear what makes your life that much easier.
For details on how we can help you to find the space to grow your business, call us on 07814 218142 or email email@example.com
Latest posts by Joanne Manville (see all)
- 5 of the best co-working spaces in Devon - 17/07/2019
- How can quizzes help people understand your services? - 17/07/2019
- Do you still offer services that you love? - 11/06/2019